Export Vehicles From Canada To The UK
Exporting All Types Of Vehicles To The UK
Our reputable shipping contacts have experience in exporting and importing thousands of different vehicles around the world and are able to accommodate every sort of passenger vehicle including classic vehicles, exotic supercars, and everything in between!
How Your Vehicle Will Be Shipped From Canada To The United Kingdom
Your vehicle will be transported inside a shipping container along with other vehicles to reduce the overall cost of shipment, or in its own container for a higher cost but faster transit time. Specially trained operators will load your vehicle inside the container and safely strap and chock your vehicle so that it does not move during transport.
Our reputable contacts only transport using shipping companies that specialize in vehicle shipments, so you can rest assured that your vehicle is in trusted hands.
Export and Import Your Vehicle With Peace Of Mind
Before your vehicle departs, all the correct Canadian customs paperwork will be filled out on your behalf, including any security checks that may need to be completed to ensure the export process is as smooth as possible.
Upon landing in the United Kingdom, the container holding your vehicle will be trucked directly to a customs bonded warehouse where it will be carefully unloaded using ramps and prepared for customs clearance. All paperwork will then be processed on your behalf and specially trained officers will ensure that you pay only the VAT / Duty fees that apply to your vehicle; once this total has been worked out, you will be notified of the cost and you can pay this directly to customs.
Important Information Regarding Importing Vehicles To The UK From Canada
UK Importing Requirements
The requirements for importing a vehicle to the UK from Canada vary depending on the year of the vehicle—newer vehicles will be subject to more testing. Here are the main points:
- If the vehicle is over 10 years old then it will need a Ministry of Transport (MOT) test; this will involve changing the lights to ensure indicators at the rear of your vehicle are amber and separate from the brake lights, turn signals will be added to the sides, and a rear fog light will be installed.
- Vehicles younger than 3 years old will not need to have an MOT test done.
- Vehicles older 3 years and younger than 10 years will need the same changes listed above, but will also need to go through an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) Test.
- After your vehicle has been tested and modified to meet the regulations of the UK, you just need to register the car with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
Car Import Taxes And Duty
Customs duty and value-added tax (VAT) will both be due unless you are relocating to the UK permanently from Canada. These are likely to be:
- Cars over 30 years of age: 5% of vehicle value
- Vehicle originally built in the EU: £50 Duty and 20% VAT
- Standard car: 10% Duty and 20% VAT
- Commercial Vehicle: 22% Duty and 20% VAT
Request A Quote
For Car Shipping From Canada To The UK
By submitting this form you allow MVS Canada Logistics to share your email address with trusted shipping companies to get a quote for your shipment.