Damage Claim Information
Condition Reports, Photos, and Damages – Important things to know when shipping your vehicle
- Take photos of your vehicle at the terminal when you drop off or when your vehicle is picked up at your house. Click here for more details on how to take the pictures. Please email the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure your vehicles interior and exterior is clean so it can be properly inspected and pre-existing damage can be noted on the condition report and seen in the photos.
- When you receive your vehicle, check it over for damages. If there’s any new damages, show someone at the terminal, note it on the paperwork, take photos before you leave the terminal, and immediately email MVS Canada with the photos and the details of the type of damage and its location(s) on your vehicle.
- Please be advised that there is a $500 deductible on all claims as stipulated in our terms and conditions. Therefore all claims must be over $500.
- Depending on the mode of transport, some types of damages may not be covered by insurance. The terms and conditions that you were sent when you booked your order, have all the details on what is and isn’t covered. If you need any clarification please email or call us.
- Once we receive your email with the photos and details regarding the damage to your vehicle, we will investigate your claim further and get back to you asap if your claim is approved.
- If your claim is approved, we will then need at least 2 estimates for repair from an approved auto repair shop.
At the time of door pickup or terminal drop off:
Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage (exterior only) by completing a vehicle inspection report recorded on the Bill of Lading. Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the Bill of Lading.
If customer is dropping to a terminal after hours or where an inspection isn’t being done, customer must take at least 18 high quality photos of the vehicle and email to MVS Canada. Click here for more details.
It is the customers responsibility to make sure the vehicle can be properly inspected on pickup/terminal drop off, and if it can’t it will be noted on the condition report.
At the time of door delivery or terminal pickup:
Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for possible damage incurred during transit. Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
If there is damages on the vehicle, customer must note on the Bill of Lading, take photos of the damages and send it to email@example.com.
If customer has requested their vehicle to be delivered without having themselves or a person acting as their agent at the point of pickup and/or delivery to accept the vehicle, the Carrier will not be liable for damages and the vehicle will be delivered to the customer at their own risk.